Welcome to Term 2. Hope everyone enjoy their Easter break.
A couple of reminders:
STAFF CAR PARK
Parents please remember that the car parks are for staff only. Please do not park in there to drop off/pick up your child/children. You are able to access the car park after 3:30pm if you are collecting them from OSHC. Also for the safety of your child/children please do not walk them through the car park gates. Please use the small gate near the basketball court.
Year 4 Camp – Final balance of $138.00 is due 20th June 2014.
Outstanding Mathletics and CARS payments
If you haven’t paid these two items please do so. Thank you again to those parents that have paid.
DIRECT DEBIT PAYMENTS
You are able to pay your invoices online. The details are on the bottom of the invoice. Bank processing takes up to two days before we see it therefore you must pay at least 3-4 days prior to the Final Paymentdate so that I can take it off the account. Do not pay the night before FINAL PAYMENT DAY.
Please remember to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can keep a look out for the payment. Childs Name and invoice number is the best way to match the payment NOT Parents Name.
During the holidays we had new carpet laid in the Japanese Room and the outside of E block was painted. The contractors are in the process of painting the inside of the Japanese room, Guidance Officer’s room and the P.E./Chappie room. We are having a fair bit of maintenance work done around the school which is on our Maintenance Program with the department.
Workplace Health and Safety
We held our WPHS meeting on the last Thursday of last term and this is a summary of what was discussed.
· Area under 6/7 Classroom – This is an out of bounds area. This is not a supervised area therefore students are not allowed to congregate in this area before or after school.
· Eating in classrooms – Student will continue to eat their lunches in the classroom. This is to limit the rubbish/lunch boxes outside of the classrooms.
· Widening of the small footpath near E Block to stop students walking in the gardens.
· New gates and fencing along the basketball courts. This will deter people from driving onto the courts and it will be safer for the students.
· Shade sails throughout the school will be installed/or repaired through our maintenance program by the department.
Have a nice week everyone.
Business Service Manager