Whether you are doing ICAS for the first time or you are very experienced, it helps to be
Before the test
Download free sample ICAS Questions and practice completing the ICAS questions on the answer sheet.
Practice free mini ICAS Online
Buy Past Papers
Purchase Practice Online
ICAS past papers provide an ideal opportunity for schools, students and parents to develop familiarity with the style of the papers and gain valuable experience answering real questions. We recommend that students practise ICAS papers 'under exam conditions' (e.g. timing).
On the day of the test
- Ensure that you are well rested the night before.
- Eat breakfast
- Must bring 2 x soft lead pencils , sharpener & eraser
- Ruler marked in millimetres (mm)
- Students may use a calculator for the Science Test.
During the test
· Try to relax and enjoy yourself; too much tension may prevent you from thinking clearly.
· Do not look at the time too often - this reduces your time doing the actual test.
For multiple choice questions
· Make sure you shade in the bubble next to the right question number.
· Read each question carefully and choose the best answer from the options given.
· If you are not sure of the answer, cross out the options you know are wrong and then decide between what is left.
· If you are doing the English paper, read the whole passage before you start answering the questions.
When a difficult question is taking a very long time
· Circle the question so that you can go back to it later.
· Move on to the next question.
· Be careful to record the following answer next to the correct question number. It is easy to get mixed up if you don’t check.
· Go back to the questions you missed at the end if you have enough time.
After the test
· At the end of the test time, check that you haven’t left out any questions.
· If you have done the Writing test, take care to read through your writing again after you have finished and edit your work for errors in expression, spelling and punctuation.
Remember, it's not the end of the world if you feel you didn't do well this time.