School drop off and pick up – Preps and Year 1s from May 11th
Being government property, Mayfield State School is still required to limit the number of adult visitors on and around the school grounds. This requires parents and the school to work together as year level cohorts are returning to school. The following plan is for you to follow until the government eases restrictions further. I will update you when this will occur.
Stage One is the return of the Prep Year and Year 1 students. To support this plan, we will have staff supervising the meeting point from 8:30 – 8:50 (indicated by the blue square on the below picture). This is where all prep and year 1 students are to meet before their teacher will meet them there to take to the classroom.
link to Pick up and drop off information sheet
1. Do not drop your child to school prior to 8:30am
2. All families are encouraged to use the stop, drop and go zone so they do not need to leave their car (drop off and pick up)
3. If you cannot use this, please drop your child at the gates (indicated by the red boxes) according to which class your child is in.
- Prep G (Mrs Graham) and 1W (Mrs Hughes) – OSHC gate entrance
- Prep/1R (Mrs Reason) and Prep/1D (Mrs Dickson) – Tennis court gate
4. Once your child has entered, please move away from the gate. You may choose a place along the fence which is 1.5m away from other people. Otherwise, feel free to leave as your child will be supervised in the meeting point.
5. If you have children in other year levels, they can enter via these gates, but then move to the waiting area at the undercover buildings.
6. When you pick up your child at 3:00, a staff member will be waiting with each of the classes near the stop, drop, go zone and allocated gate entrance.
7. When your child recognises your car or you waiting at the fence, the staff member will allow your child to leave the school grounds.
By following these guidelines, you will be doing your bit to keep the transmission rate low and keeping the school grounds a safe place for all.