QParents is an online portal that is free for Queensland state schools to use, and allows parents at your school to:
- view attendance details, report cards, invoices and a history of payments
provide reasons for unexplained absences and to notify the school of future absences
- view and pay school invoices online
- update student details including residential and postal address as well as medical conditions.
What are the benefits of joining QParents?
QParents provides a more convenient way for parents to interact with their school and will help streamline school administrative processes. It is hoped that QParents will encourage and support parents and care givers in the active role they play in their child's learning journey.
The key benefits of QParents include:
- Greater transparency of information
- Improves accountability between parents, care givers and schools by providing timely access to their child's information online.
Contemporary state-wide solution
- Secure 24/7 access online.
- Anytime, anywhere accessibility—access QParents on your smart phone, tablet or computer.
Improved administration efficiencies for schools
- Allows schools the opportunity to streamline their administrative processes and cut down on information requests received from parents and care givers. Potentially reduces the need for printing and mail-outs of thousands of pieces of paper each year.
Convenience and time savings for parents
Parents and care givers can simply login to QParents anytime anywhere and view or request a change to their child's details.
Parents and care givers can download report cards and invoices instantaneously.
Parents can pay invoices online at any time of day.
More information about QParents can be found at https://qparents.qld.edu.au/#/about
Link to the QParents user guide
The QSchools app is a convenient way to receive up-to-the-minute information from Queensland state schools.
How do I download the QSchools app?
To download the app visit the application store for your device:
The app integrates with the department's preferred school website platform, allowing users to:
find and favourite your school by searching for the school by name, searching a map or by searching for schools near your current location
receive real-time notifications about statewide emergency alerts as well as school push notifications and important updates through the app
access the latest news, events and newsletters from your school
easily access your schools tuckshop and uniform shop information
view information about your school including class times and contact details
view social media feeds.
The app can manage updates from multiple schools which is useful for parents who have students in different schools.
Push notifications will allow your favourite Queensland schools to push essential information directly to your device, including notifications of upcoming events and emergency alerts and important updates.
To receive push notifications, download the QSchools mobile app or ensure the app is up to date if you already have it.
QSchools app flyer (PDF, 1MB)