At Mayfield State School we work hard to ensure there is a regular and consistent form of communication across the school so our community stays informed with all the information they need.
The best way to get all the necessary information is to read through the following in order of importance:
- School Newsletter – this has all the information you need, including a calendar that allows you to directly add to your personal calendar the related events for you. Emailed to all parents fortnightly. If you have not seen this, please check your junk mail.
- Principal and teacher emails – there may be emails sent with important updates that you should know. The principal sends through a reflection email at the end of each term
- Class newsletters (at the beginning of each term) – this has a rundown of what will be happening throughout the term including a summary of the learning and assessment tasks for each learning area. Emailed at the beginning of each term
- MSS Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/mayfieldstateschool) which includes fun updates, reminders and bonus content from staff
- School Assembly – each Monday afternoon at 2:30pm. Get there on time and catch the pre-assembly video showing off an aspect of how amazing Mayfield SS is. You then get to see key messages for the week, special awards and upcoming events
- School Website (https://mayfieldss.eq.edu.au/) with an searchable option to find all the important information including parent forms, staff contacts and school program information
- QParents – if you have not yet registered, I recommend you do. This makes paying invoices super easy and track what you have and haven't paid. This app also allows you to update personal and medical information without having to line up at the office.